1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Enrico Olivelli Enrico Olivelli

1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Hi,
I'm running Ignite 1.3.
Is there any documentation to setup simple authentication ?
http://atlassian.gridgain.com/wiki/display/AI10/GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Thanks
Enrico Olivelli

Re: 1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Enrico Olivelli wrote
I'm running Ignite 1.3.
Is there any documentation to setup simple authentication ?
Hi Enrico,

Ignite doesn't provide out-of the-box implementation of security components, but you can create a plugin that will implement authentication required for your application. I would recommend to take a look at this blog: http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/. It has a good and simple example showing how this can be done.

-Val
Dmitriy Setrakyan Dmitriy Setrakyan

Re: 1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

It is probably worth mentioning that GridGain provides security component for Apache Ignite out of the box: http://entdoc.gridgain.org/latest/Security+And+Audit

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM, vkulichenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Enrico Olivelli wrote
> I'm running Ignite 1.3.
> Is there any documentation to setup simple authentication ?

Hi Enrico,

Ignite doesn't provide out-of the-box implementation of security components,
but you can create a plugin that will implement authentication required for
your application. I would recommend to take a look at this blog:
http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/. It has
a good and simple example showing how this can be done.

Enrico Olivelli Enrico Olivelli

Re: 1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Is there any way to use org.apache.ignite.plugin.security package classes ?

Thanks

It is probably worth mentioning that GridGain provides security component for Apache Ignite out of the box: http://entdoc.gridgain.org/latest/Security+And+Audit

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM, vkulichenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
Enrico Olivelli wrote
> I'm running Ignite 1.3.
> Is there any documentation to setup simple authentication ?

Hi Enrico,

Ignite doesn't provide out-of the-box implementation of security components,
but you can create a plugin that will implement authentication required for
your application. I would recommend to take a look at this blog:
http://smartkey.co.uk/development/securing-an-apache-ignite-cluster/. It has
a good and simple example showing how this can be done.

Re: 1 di 83 How to use GridPasscodeAuthenticationSpi

Enrico Olivelli wrote
Is there any way to use org.apache.ignite.plugin.security package classes ?
Enrico,

This package contains only basic API classes, like interfaces and enums. You will probably use them in your plugin implementation, but you still need to implement GridSecurityProcessor to enable security.

-Val